The Platinum Audio Systems Company was founded in year 2004, with investment from Edifier Group (Edifier Technology CO., LTD). We specialize in the design and development of home audio, professional audio and music instrument amplification products. Using the most advanced state of the art R&D and testing equipment, our team of engineering is headed by internationally renowned audio designer Phil Jones, who was also the original founder of the British audio company Acoustic Energy.
The trademark “AirPulse” is registered internationally and owned by Platinum Audio Systems Company
Dongguan Platinum Audio Systems Co., Ltd.
No. 2 East Industry Road, Songshan Lake National High-tech Industrial
Development Zone, Dongguan 523808 China
Contact person: Martin Ma
Tel: 0769-88950666 ext. 3333
Fax: 0769-88950666 ext. 3666
● 1954 - Phil Jones was born in London, England.
● 1968 - Phil Jones builds his first bass guitar, amplifier and speaker cabinet.
● 1980 - Joined the historic Vitavox Loudspeaker Co. as production engineer making high performance cinema sound and home audio loudspeakers.
● 1981 - Started sound reinforcement company in London using his own proprietary designs. First in the world to develop subwoofers in sound reinforcement systems and first to discover the phenomenon of power compression in audio transducers. Pioneered the use of Ferro-fluid technology in PA compression drivers.
● 1987 - Founded Acoustic Energy and designed the famous AE-1 near-field monitors; used in Abby Road Studios among many others.
● 1990 - Designed Boston Acoustic’s premier Lynnfield Series loudspeakers.
● 1994 - Founded Platinum Audio designing and manufacturing hi-fi speakers and monitors.
● 1998 - Designed and produced Air Pulse loudspeaker system which sold for $275,000 per pair. Praised by Japan Audio Society winning the Golden Sound Award as best loudspeaker developed in 100-year history of loudspeakers.
● 1998 - Founded American Acoustic Development (AAD) for pro audio, home and mobile. Current products include hi-fi, guitar amplifiers and PA systems.
● 1998 - Opened manufacturing facility in China producing every component including drivers and cabinets. 200 employees, 300,000 square foot facility.
● 2002 - Pioneered use of 5″ drivers for bass guitar amplifiers after 10 years of research.
● 2002 - Founded Phil Jones Bass developing hi-fi amplifiers for bass players.
AAD Accolades & Awards
“You get an extremely couth and composed sound at this price... these are extremely well accomplished loudspeakers.”
HIFI WORLD MAGAZINE, UK September 2006
“To Die For Sound- Real World Price!”
STEREOPHILE MAGAZINE, USA July 2007
“A soundfield as big as the sky!. The M Series’ lively top end and tight bass together suggest that there’s wisdom in buying speakers designed by a musician.”
HOME THEATER, USA August 2007
“I was amazed at just how good they made my movies sound... In this price range you would be hard pressed to find a better performer and a more flexible speaker.”
THE SENSIBLE SOUND MAGAZINE, USA
“Every once in a while, you encounter a very special product that leaves little room for doubt as to its potential. The AAD 7001 is one of those pieces of gear.”
MIX MAGAZINE, USA April 2008
“...nothing really prepared us for the sound of the complete AAD system. ‘Awesome’ is the word that sprang to mind.”
BEST BUYS HOME THEATER MAGAZINE, AUSTRALIA Winter 2004
“The winner here is the AAD system, combining lovely looks with a clean pure musical performance.”
Comparison review AAD vs. JBL, Whatmough & JAMO SOUND & IMAGE MAGZINE,AUSTRALIA Nov 2006
“And what a sound! Not only are they the least colored speakers I have ever heard, they have a spellbinding suite of sound quality pros and hardly any cons.”
TONE MAGAZINE, NEW ZEALAND October 2007
“After a day or two of running the AAD’s in with a variety of material, we found ourselves forgetting we were listening to them and not the bigger speakers that were also in the listening room, and you don’t get much more of an endorsement than that. If you want 5.1 channel sound without huge speakers everywhere, we’d highly recommend it.”
WHAT HI FI SOUND AND VISION MAGAZINE, UK September 2002
“Right from the first note, the bass tossed me off my chair... The best part is the efficiency of the speakers,the AAD can get you into the groove with even a moderate 50 watts fed to each speaker.”
AV MAX MAGAZINE, INDIA June 2003
1989-Hi-FI Review, Most Promising New Company
1990-British Audio Federation, Loudspeaker of the Year
1996-Audio Video Interiors, Best Loudspeaker
1997-Golder Sound Award, Stereo Sound Japan
2001-CES Show, Tech TV Best Audio Product
2003-Super AV China, Super AV Award
2003-Super AV China, Outstanding Subwoofer Award
Audio Engineering Society of Ching, Outstanding Compact Loudspeaker
Tone 2007 Best Of The Year Awards